Medical non woven fabrics are very common medical and sanitary materials, which are often used to bandage wounds and make various medical packaging materials, but many people do not know how to use medical non woven fabric correctly.
Due to the incorrect use method, the medical non woven fabric cannot get sufficient effect. What problems should be paid attention to when using medical non woven fabric?
1. Medical non woven fabrics are different from ordinary pla non woven and composite pla non woven. Ordinary pla nonwoven fabric has antibacterial properties. Composite pla non woven has a good waterproof effect and poor air permeability, and are generally used for surgical gowns, surgical sheets, etc.
Medical non woven fabrics are laminated by spun-bond, meltblown, spun-bond (SMS) processes, and have the characteristics of antibacterial, hydrophobic, breathable, and lint-free, and are used for the final packaging of sterilized items without one-time cleaning.
2. Quality standard requirements for medical non-woven material. Medical non woven fabric used to sterilize the final packaging materials of medical devices should meet the specification requirements of GB/T19633 and YY/T0698.2 at the same time.
3. Validity period of pla non woven. The validity period of medical non woven fabric itself is usually 2 to 3 years, and the validity period of products of different manufacturers is slightly different, please refer to the instructions for use. Sterile articles packed with medical non woven fabrics are valid for 180 days, preferably not affected by sterilization methods.
4. The pla non woven used in the packaging of sterilized items should be 50±5g/㎡.
5. For medical non woven packaging surgical instruments, when the closed packaging method is adopted, two layers of pla non woven should be packaged twice. Repeated folding forms a long curved path to prevent microorganisms from easily entering the sterilization bag, and two layers of pla non woven cannot be packaged at one time.
6. After the medical non woven fabric is sterilized at high temperature, its internal results will change, which will affect the penetration and antibacterial properties of the sterilization medium. Therefore, the medical non woven fabric should not be repeatedly sterilized for use.
7. Due to the waterproof performance of pla non woven, excessive and heavy metal utensils are sterilized at high temperature and form condensed water during the cooling process, which is prone to wet packs.
Therefore, the larger utensil bags are covered with water-absorbing materials, the loading capacity of the sterilizer is appropriately reduced, a gap is left between the sterilization bags, and the drying time is appropriately extended to avoid the generation of wet bags as much as possible.
8. Special pla non woven should be used for low-temperature plasma of hydrogen peroxide, and medical non woven fabrics containing plant fibers cannot be used. This is because plant fibers absorb hydrogen peroxide.
9. Medical non woven fabrics are not medical devices, but involve the sterilization quality of medical devices. The quality of medical non woven fabric as packaging materials, as well as the packaging method, is crucial to ensure the level of sterility.
10. Check the physical and chemical properties of medical non woven fabrics with reference to the test reports and product batch test reports that meet the requirements provided by the manufacturer to ensure the quality of the products used. Medical non woven fabrics are often used in hospitals and daily life.
Before using medical non woven fabrics, you must check the shelf life and damaged packaging bags, confirm that the medical non woven fabrics are not infected with bacteria, understand the problems that should be paid attention to when using medical non woven fabrics, and then ensure the effect of use.